Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Music Switch

Last week the battery on my MP3 player died and I did more than switch the battery. I switched the music too. I tend to leave music on if I like it and I really liked it so I had no real reason to change it. But I was getting new cds and the best way to get into them is to listen on the bus. So I switched from Iron & Wine, Belle & Sebastien, The Shins, Wilco and The Libertines to some more mainstream pop from the likes of Richard Ashcroft, Mark Knopfler & EmmyLou Harris, Stephen Fearing and because I could resist, Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Has it improved my busride? No. But what has improved my busride is construction which now forces the bus to drive closer to my work.
As a side note, Wilco is closing out the Ottawa Bluesfest on the main stage this year and I am going to be missing it because of a camping trip. Oh well. Maybe they will be back next year.

No comments: