Monday, October 23, 2006

Rick Mercer reporting on WestJet

Anybody who watches the Rick Mercer report will know what I am talking about here. This week he is made an honorary Westjetter for a day. See the show Tuesday @ 8 on CBC of course.

Irene and her fellow westjetters are all giddy with excitement (I'm probably exaggerating but if you have ever flown with WJet you would know what I mean)

Anyway, it should prove to be a good show. Most of the people I know at WestJet are pretty crazy cool people. Combine that WestJetter attitude with good ol' Rick and funny stuff is bound to happen.

If you miss it check here.

Also he did a spoof on one of their "Owners" commercials. Check it out here by scrolling down to Nov. 29 2005.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched it! And I thought of Irene. Just thank the people in charge that he wasn't allowed to pilot anything - did you see the episodes where he drove a cop car, and was in a demolition derby?! Yeah, now imagine him in a rollover competition with a WestJet plane....

Jo

Reuben said...

Yeah i saw the derby - that was pretty funny stuff.
Actually I doubt he was even allowed in the cockpit only Employees are allowed (Irene sat in the cockpit for one flight and she got me in to talk to the pilots - sweet I got one up on Rick)