Saturday, April 26, 2008

Freestyling House Model

I just whipped up a model of my house in SketchUp. I did it to try and visualize my front patio and then it just went from there. I also was to lazy to actually measure anything so it is probably off a bit.
I also wanted to model of my potential shed so I can sketch on it. Sheds are pretty tough to design because they often turn out pretty dorky looking. Its all about the scale. You can't really change the door size or the ceiling height which makes it hard. I plan to do faux board and batten finish so I can do things like make smaller battens and put them closer together. But we shall see. The patio is the first step. We are thinking of some type of rectangular pavers with some decent texture. If anybody has any advice...... I'll take it.

No comments: