Thursday, July 10, 2008

He actually did it

For the past year I have been following this story about Hans Reiser who is on trial for the murder of his wife. Every once in a while I would catch up on the latest testimonies and/or revelations. Hans Reiser is one of the inventors of the Linux operating system. He married a woman who came from Russia to be his wife. They had 2 kids and then they divorced (or were she was planning to divorce). He started to go a bit crazy I think. Anyway, the point is they never found the body and it seemed the only hard evidence they had was some blood in his car (and he was seen washing it out at an odd hour).

But the more I read, the more I realized that I wasn't totally convinced that he did it. I don't know why but I always had that in the back of my head when reading the latest news. I just thought that maybe he was just some severely misunderstood computer geek who went a little crazy. Even when I read that he was convicted I had my doubts. Its weird because I don't usually feel this way when reading about murder trials. Maybe I just didn't read enough about it or I only read the one side of the story.

Either way, when this news feed (about him leading the authorities to the body) popped up on my google I was both surprised and I guess a little saddened. He actually did it.

No comments: