Friday, August 08, 2008

This is so sad

I was sent this article by a fellow Ottawa Mission volunteer. It is about a girl who I often volunteered with at the Mission. She was hit by a truck while biking to Montreal.

You know how when people die young they always talk about how driven, athletic, inspirational, nice and willing to help others they where. Well I guess April was one of those 'clichè' people. She really was all those things. She was one of the reasons going to the Mission was fun.

One of the first times I met her we ended up dropping about 10 prepared plates of food perfectly upside down when the serving shelf gave way because of the way we were leaning on it. That kind of became our story and it regularly got brought up whenever we volunteered together.

I have many good memories of her. April surely will be missed.

1 comment:

Jay & Veronica said...

Wow... sad. Sorry to hear that Reuben! Sounds like the life she lived, she served others well.

Condolances